Thursday, June 17, 2010

california fun



These pictures coming up pretty much perfectly describe our time in California so far. Being back "home" in Napa is always so much fun! Yesterday my Dad, brother and hubby and I went and saw my grandparents which was totally fun! I love visiting with them, they're crazy! That picture above is one that my hubby took while we were all talking and laughing!

When we got back from our visit with them, Ryan and I went to Target to get a Hula Hoop for me! We also got some other fun things for hanging out at the park and spent all evening playing at Fuller Park. I love hooping because it's just so feminine and a really good workout as well! I feel like I'm dancing when I hula. My mom is a crazy hula girl, so I'm finally trying to follow in her footsteps :)




Well anyway, we have a big day planned for today! My other set of grandparents as well as my aunt and my 3 most wonderful little cousins are coming over tonight for dinner! It's going to be an awesome party! But one of the most exciting things going on today is that my two good friends, Jenny Jenkins and Shana Stine, who are in our small group in Springfield, have been on a massive wonderful road trip and are driving to Napa tonight!!!! So they'll arrive at my parent's house tonight, stay with us, and then do fun Napa things tomorrow!!!! We'll go out for a nice yuppie lunch and go visit some wineries :) haha, I love it. It's always sooooo weird when my CA and IL worlds collide, I love it! Get here safely girls!

-Elyse Aubrie

3 comments:

  1. Elyse,
    when you get back, we are going to become the best of friends....we will drink green smoothies, make hula hoops, and talk about nose piercings :)

    oh, and you can teach me to knit something more than a scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of you now....

    3 more weeks!!! I can't wait. have fun with your family, darling. Love you.

    ReplyDelete