Thursday, August 26, 2010

.love.


Wow, it's been quite a week so far! Thanks to all of you sweeties who commented on my dreadie post! I appreciate your support and encouragement.

I cannot believe how fast the weeks go by. Language school has been quite a ride so far. We're a little over half way though our time in the school and I can't even begin to explain what an amazing experience it has been. For one thing, it's been one of the hardest things I have done! I'm not what one would call a "language person". I love languages and thinking about how they work and discovering cool differences and similarities and such between languages (is the TESOL gal inside of me) but I'm not really that great at learning languages. German is a difficult language, much more difficult than Spanish is (the other language I kinda know). And it's true what people say about a language reflecting the culture it belongs to, at least with German anyway! Very structured, a lot of rules, but also very interesting! hehe :) Anyway, I have been feeling quite overwhelmed with it all to say the least. BUT thankfully God has been blessing me randomly throughout the week through different things that He knew I would .love.

Hang Drum = Amazing. Most of my time is spent doing language stuff like all my tons of homework that I have everyday. I love listening to music while I work but it's very difficult to listen t songs being sung in English while trying to have a German state of mind. Hang drum music has been allowing me to groove out while still being able to do German stuff. That may sound trivial, but believe me... it's a big deal for me :) Anyway click here to read a little bit on why Hang Drums are so freakishly awesome!!!

Also, there is a gal in Ryan's language class who has sort of become my dready-god-mother :) She has beautiful locks and has been so helpful to me by answering questions, giving me encouragement and talking to me in her freakishly adorable English accent. love. Anyway, yesterday she gave me a couple of beads that she wanted me to have and to put in my little dreadie :) So fun! Can you see it in the pic?


And last but not least, my dear friend Danielle sent me a love package all the way from her new home in California. Her and her Hubby recently packed up and moved from Lincoln, IL to The Bay Area in CA (So very near to where I'm from!!) Danielle and I have always shared a special little heart bond. Can't really explain it, but I .love. it! So Danielle, if you read this... THANK YOU my dear sister. You don't know how happy your little gifts made me! I have worn the scarf three days in a row now, the bracelet never comes off and your gorgeous photos are in our living room on display!


And so many other things have just been great this week; The new Sufjan Stevens EP came out, the weather has been amazing, lovely moments have been spent with a dear new friend, and finding out our little church is finally getting a building! (see our Germany blog soon for more details!)

Well, this is enough writing for one evening. I'm off to drink some more Yerba Mate!

.love. elyse aubrie


2 comments: