Monday, August 9, 2010

my new german life

well, today is the first day that we have had internet in our apartment! Since my last post I have been spending the last month-ish trying to figure out how I fit into my new crazy German life.

Internship stuff is going great (see our Germany blog for more detail)but even aside from what we're doing in our church and other things for the internship, there are so many other things we both have been having to adjust to and deal with everyday. For me it's been trying to figure out how to make this new apartment, city, state, country, continent... feel like home :) As a wife, as a friend, and as a creative person, I ave been having to find out where my certain elyse groove is. I think it's been working out quite well, but it is always a process.

I just have to say, I love this city. Jena is so beautiful (in an eastern Germany post- communist sort of way) teehee. It really is so full of charm, history and culture. I'll go into more later, but for now I'm going to show you some pictures :)





3 comments:

  1. Great stuff--Love the pictures! Great way to capture everyday life. Hope to hear more stories from you guys soon! Glad you like it there!

    -Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures, Elyse!! Missssss yooouuuu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Photos are beautiful, Dear!! We miss you both very much and look forward to seeing you again. But til then, have a wonderful time on your German adventure!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete