Thursday, May 13, 2010

green smoothie

In my search for better, yummier, healthier, fun food to be eating, I came across this smoothie recipe. It's called a Green Smoothie and it's so good! Basically, it's full of awesome things that are so good for you and tastes great, seriously. I have been reading about these Green Smoothies on a blog that I follow and decided to take the Green Smoothie Challenge; this is where I will drink on Green Smoothie everyday for a month... just to see what happens! As of right now, I am 4 days into my Green Smoothie Challenge and can already tell some major changes in my day; I have not been drinking coffee because this smoothie gives me more and longer lasting energy than caffeine ever did, my stress level seems to have dramatically decreased (even though I feel like it should be going up) and I just feel better all around!


Before you judge the color, let me tell ya what's in this little beauty.
One Mango
One Apple
One Orange
One Banana
One Pear
A Cup of Pineapple
3 handfuls of Spinach
4 leaves of Romaine Lettuce

And believe me, I CANNOT taste the greens one bit! But i LOVE the beautiful green color they gives the smoothie, and they help make this smoothie a meal and a half!










Anyway, it's so good, and even better for you! I would challenge anyone who reads this to take the Green Smoothie Challenge with me! Let me know if you have any questions about this delish drink!

-Elyse Aubrie

3 comments:

  1. Once I know where I am living.. and can plug in a blender.. and can buy fruit.. I am on it1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elyse, I love the blog!!

    So, do you add ice to the smoothie? I think it'd have to be really cold for me to enjoy it...maybe with pellet ice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gretchen! I do not usually add ice to the smoothie, but sometime I put in frozen fruit. I always leave the smoothies in the fridge for a while before I drink them. Pellet ice would work really well!! Try it!

    ReplyDelete