Saturday, May 22, 2010

handmade soap goodness

I love making things, and I realllllly love making soap. I don't make soap from lye, I make it from glycerin blocks that you can get from either Hobby Lobby or Micheal's. I love adding things to my soap to make them smell yummy and make your skin silky smooth :)
Here is what I made today:

Oatmeal and Honey Soap: Glycerin, Raw Organic Honey, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Fragrance, and Oatmeal, love.

Sugar Cookie Soap: Glycerin, Raw Organic Honey, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Brown Sugar, Fragrance, love.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Soap
(oh yeah, you read that right): Glycerin, Raw Organic Honey, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Unsweetened Cocoa Powder, Fragrance, love.

Coconut Cream Soap: Glycerin, Raw Organic Honey, Olive Oil, Palm Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, Shredded Organic Dried Coconut, Fragrance, love.

The Oils, sooooooo good!

The Fragrances, yummmmmy :)

The cut up glycerin, ready to be melted!

Here are some pictures of me making the soap and then the finished product! It really is just soooo relaxing and therapeutic to make soap for me, I love it! Had Regina and Ingrid singing their hearts out in the background and just enjoyed the messy process of making something awesome! If you're interested in the details of the process, feel free to leave a comment or email me and I'll for sure get back to you!





All of these soaps that I made today, and ones I have made in the past will be for sale at our garage sale next weekend at $3 a bar! Remember to put our sale on your calendar and stop by!!! Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

-Elyse Aubrie

3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! You inspire me, Elyse.

    I have vowed that when I have my own place, I will make soaps, candles, organic green smoothies, and finish all my knitting works in progress. You're living my midwest hippie dream! :P

    -natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha Natalie, you're funny :) I only wish I could get around to finishing my knitting projects! Let me know if you ever need any soap or green smoothie making tips!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this pic, Elyse! Very artsy.

    ReplyDelete