Sunday, May 9, 2010

in sickness and in health

Well, we had a mostly good weekend! On Saturday morning it was SOOOOO windy, but I went to go see if the farmers market was going on anyway, and it was! I loaded up on some DELISH goodies; lettuce, spinach, asparagus, broccoli, blueberry jam, and homemade bread. I was so incredibly happy to go to the first farmers market of the year, and I'm sure I'll go back many many times before we move away from Lincoln :( (which by the way is in like 20 days!).

Ellen and Marks wedding was so wonderful, special, touching, and great! They both have such wonderful stories and hard memories, but are now ready to look forward to their future together! I was so honored t be able to be there and be a part of their special day ( I was a cake cutter!) :)

Hearing the wedding vows being said was probably a good reminder for my dearest hubby because not too long after the wedding, I started to get really sick :( But he's been taking good care of me! I wish I had been feeling better for Michelle's birthday party that night, it was so fun! And there were cute doggies there!

Anyway, somehow made it through teaching sunday school to 4th and 5th graders this morning. I've been feeling even worse today but I have also been resting a lot, and drinking some of my new Chia Gel made from the chia seeds I got at Food Fantasies today <3 yuuuuummmm I've also been making smoothies!


And most of all, I want to say HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! To my wonderful Mamma! Hope you had a great time this weekend, wish I could have been with you! Love you and Miss you!

-Elyse Aubrie

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I just now noticed you have a blog! YAY! Was so happy you were able to make it Saturday. I miss you guys so much! And what is this about 20 days?!?! Have you moved up the date you leave? Oh my gosh, I need to know because if I don't see you before you leave for Germany, I may puke. Not even joking.

    Chelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome weekend, minus the sickness.. will you let me know when the next farmer's market is? I've never been to one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelle- We move out of our apt at the end of May and move into Ryan's parents' basement :)

    Emily- Lincoln has their FM every Sat morning.... but Springfield's are WAAAAY better! I went to some downtown last year and they were awesome and huge

    ReplyDelete